- Full time, Ongoing
- Band Operational 3 (Special Engagement), Hourly rate from $38.11 (Incl Industry Allowance) plus superannuation
Click here to view the Position Description
The City of Greater Bendigo is in the heart of central Victoria on Dja Dja Wurrung and Taungurung Country. Located just 90 minutes’ drive to Melbourne, our region offers all the benefits of a large city with a warm and welcoming country feel.
With a growing population, Greater Bendigo is an attractive region that boasts the Bendigo Art Gallery, theatres, stunning heritage buildings and natural surrounds that provide great recreational opportunities. We host a range of events and planning is underway for Bendigo to co-host the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
Our region is famous for its food and wine as well as having high quality education and health services. There is a wide range of housing options and excellent rail and road networks with Bendigo Airport having regular direct flights to Sydney. We provide over 65 important services to support our community which is heading towards a population of 200,000 by 2050. Now is a great time to join us!
- Assist in providing safe, efficient and effective operation of the Eaglehawk Landfill
- Improve the rate and quality of diversion of materials from the Eaglehawk Landfill
- Provide courteous assistance and direction to the general public
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of mechanical plant
- Responsible for competent weighbridge and gate house operation, including handling cash
- This position is a 9 on 5 off fortnightly roster working every second weekend
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of landfill and/or transfer station operations
- An understanding of diversion of recoverable materials from landfill
- Ability to maintain a safe and efficient worksite
- An understanding of Occupational Health and Safety principles and practices
- A strong customer service focus.
A satisfactory police records check and a current driver’s licence with Heavy Rigid (HR) endorsement are required for this position.
- Generous leave provisions and learning and development opportunities
- Paid training, paid overtime, annual leave loading
Visit our Employee Benefits website for more of our benefits.
If you require any further information regarding this position, including details on remote working options or flexible work arrangements please contact Mick Mannion, Landfill Coordinator on 0427 609 665
Please submit your cover letter, outlining why you are interested in this position and detailing your relevant experience with your current CV/resume by close of business Monday 20 March 2023.